No
91.30%
21 91.30%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Relate to "Confederate Flag"?
(07-07-2015, 11:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can explain it very simply.  Christians are being punished for discrimination exactly the same way as Gays would be punished if they discriminated against Christians.  Everyone is treated exactly the same under the law.  That is called "equality".  And "equality" is not "punishment.

There are no laws forcing Christians to become homosexual or forcing straight people to marry people of the same sex.  No one is being forced to do anything except treat everyone equally. 

Why can you not grasp the concept that in the United States we believe in equal rights for all people?  I learned that very early in school, and it has always been a reason I am proud to be an American.  Your suggestion that the majority should have to power to deny equal rights to minorities disgusts me.  You are basically rejecting one of the most basic principles that our country is supposed to stand for.

So, does not "equality" allow those who disagree, disagree without being forced to totally comply to the whims of the other side?  In my view, equality is one thing, forced embracement will only result in resentment.  And, btw, I don't actively practice any particular religion.  I just feel that if equality mean acceptance, that is one thing.  Forcing people to embrace something that they are fundamentally against is persecution.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do You Relate to "Confederate Flag"? - SunsetBengal - 07-07-2015, 11:31 PM