Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Past presidential elections and your votes
1980 - Could not vote, but was stunned when Reagan was elected. Predicted after 4 years of him buttfucking the middle class he would be voted out.

1984 - Voted Mondale. Stunned when Reagan was reelected. Thought, wow, the average America is so much dumber than I ever realized. They are cheering this result? FML... Surely, I thought, 4 more years of getting shit on will mean the tide turns back in favor of the middle class and away from the total sell out to the corporations and the wealthiest Americans.

1988 - Voted Dukakis. Exclaimed, "Holy Flamingtesticles Batman!" It is like this country has a death wish. Bush was elected. We are going to get 4 more years of voodoo economics. This country is on the highway to hell, and it wishes it could stomp the accelerator harder.

1992 - Voted Perot. Cringed when "Slick Willie" Clinton won. I thought he was a self-serving bastard who could not be trusted and had little faith he would do anything for the America that had been virtually destroyed over the previous 12 years.

1996 - Voted Clinton, grudgingly. The slide into oblivion had been at least been slowed, and going back to a Republican president would have been anathema.

2000 - Voted Gore, thinking, hell would have to freeze over for this country to elect another Bush. OMG, America really does want a violent revolution or just to destroy the middle class completely, we got another economic train wreck.

2004 - Voted Kerry. Bush destroyed the economic gains under Clinton and started an illegal war in a country that had no connection to 9-11 and well, 9-11, he can pack his - OMG, you have got to be kidding me. Are they putting something in the water? How ***** dumb can people be...

2008 - Voted Obama, thinking, well, this is the second coming of Ronald Reagan, but at this point that is a step in the right direction. We abandon the path to oligarchy/fascism and at least steer back to extreme conservatism.

2012 - Voted Obama, Again, at least we are listing away from oligarchy/fascism.

2016 - Voted Sanders in the primary. He was the first serious presidential candidate to talk about what I had been talking about since 1980 -how for decades the middle class of America had been sold out. For the previous decade more and more economists and some politicians and some citizens had been figuring this out, too. Bernie was finally giving voice to the truth, and in a way where large numbers of people could grasp it. In November will vote for Clinton, and hope like I have never hoped before she wants to end the insanity of the last 35 years and we see a move back toward the economic America of the 1950's and 1960's. Middle class long over due for a real champion. Realize she could be another Conservative Lite ala Obama, but hoping she really is an old school Democrat (FDR) or at least an old school Republican (Eisenhower.)
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Past presidential elections and your votes - xxlt - 09-15-2016, 10:24 AM