Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Virginia cop fired for not killing a man with an unloaded gun
(09-15-2016, 10:17 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm conflicted on this one. I'm one that would like to see a decline in police involved shootings, but there is not enough information here. If Williams at any time made a threatening gesture with that firearm then it was a clean shoot. You don't know a weapon is unloaded. Even if it is a suicide by cop situation, it is putting your safety and the safety of others at risk to not take the shot if the threat is there.

Unfortunately, because the police department involved is handling this situation poorly, we have only speculation to go on and they are making it easy to assume corruption. I applaud the officer for sticking to his guns here, but if he violated procedure then him sleeping better at night is the only upside to the situation.

My thing is the first officer on the scene was handling things.  It was the two that came later that did the shooting.  If the second pair did not evaluate what was going on there is a huge communication problem.

And another unarmed man is dead in a suicide by cop situation.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: West Virginia cop fired for not killing a man with an unloaded gun - GMDino - 09-15-2016, 10:28 AM