Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some reasons to feel good heading into the Steelers game
(09-15-2016, 11:07 AM)Antares Wrote: Since you asked, below is the stat that I find most interesting.

We all know of Marvin's 0 & 7 playoff futility. The meltdown in big games against quality opponents is no secret. Squandering timeouts is not unusual. Lack of discipline has been a problem. National T.V. is not a friend of Marvin's

But here is the stat that nobody is talking about. Marvin has been absolutely dismal vs. his arch rival. He has been flat out bullied and whipped. For some reason nobody ever talks about his record vs the Steelahs.

I could be wrong, but I believe that Sunday's game will leave him with either 8 wins and 21 losses or 9 wins and 20 losses.
Either way it's pretty miserable. A heck of a lot for Bengal fans to have to take.

I acknowledged the suckitude in the OP. The whole purpose of this thread was to find some glimmers of hope despite Marv's overall record. I understand the pessimism though.

I will say this. It seems every team in this division struggles with somebody. We struggle mightily with the Steelers. The Steelers struggle (to a leser degree) with the Ravens. The Ravens struggle with the Bengals, and the Browns struggle with... everybody. I'm not excusing it, but we're not alone.

(09-15-2016, 11:19 AM)jeremydc Wrote: No matter what way you spin it, this will be a tough match up. It'll be close. Maybe a difference of a field goal. Can't let them get ahead though. Ben will push for  30+ points and he'll get it.

It'll definitely be a tough - and close - game. I don't think anyone is debating that. I wouldn't be so sure that Ben gets 30 points though. The Steelers have only hit that mark in 2 of our last 6 games, and that was when he had guys like Bell, Bryant and Heath at his disposal. I'm thinking this will be a 23-17 type of game. Flip a coin on who wins.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some reasons to feel good heading into the Steelers game - Shake n Blake - 09-15-2016, 02:33 PM