Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are we SURE that Antonio Brown is better than AJ Green?
(09-15-2016, 02:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I agree with a lot of this post. The only thing i'm gong to dispute is your math. These balls aren't traveling 75 yards in the air. 

Aaron Rodgers is one of the strongest armed QBs in the league and on a good day, he can heave the ball between 70-75 yards when he gets a decent head start.

Rodgers and Palmer were each on one of those QB competition thingys early in their careers. Both of their longest throws were between 70-75 yards. 

This. Agree with much of what he's saying, but he's definitely overestimating how far those guys can throw it. 80 yards through the air is pretty much unheard of. Maybe 70-75 yards if an elite-armed QB gets a running start. I'd say Dalton's arm is above average but not elite. Ben's is a little better IMO, but not to the point where AB is greatly benefitted by having him over a guy like Dalton.

I'd say AB's numbers are more benefitted by that offensive system and how much they throw the ball, than he is by having a QB that can "supposedly" chuck it 90 yards left handed while blindfolded on his knees. I tell you one thing though, I've never seen Ben flick a 55 yard rope while running for his life like Dalton did against KC last year. Not saying Ben doesn't have the better arm, but some just seem to have selective memory when it comes to Dalton and his arm.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we SURE that Antonio Brown is better than AJ Green? - Shake n Blake - 09-15-2016, 02:56 PM