Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Omar Mateen's Mosque victim of Arson
(09-15-2016, 02:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Ummm.... I first asked if HIS mosque had a history of anti-gay sermons. You told me to check the link. When I then realized you were trying to pass the SECOND mosque off as the one that was attacked, I pointed out that they were not the same.

What straw man did I argue?

And what point are you making that still stands? That the mosque that was attacked doesn't deserve sympathy or that people who call for the death of gay people are shitty humans?

You didn't ask if his mosque had a history of anti-gay sermons; you asked if they had a history of being jihadist & extreme, implying that you thought that my argument was that they weren't deserving of sympathy because they had a history of being jihadist/extreme, not that they had a history of hosting anti-gay speakers:

"Wait, are they known for being jihadist/extreme, or are they just the mosque that he happened to go to?

Because if it's the latter, that's really pathetic".

You'll probably backpedal from this and try to say that having anti-gay speakers is "jihadist and extreme"(even though there's nothing jihadist or extreme about being anti gay in Islam). But you know full and well that it wasn't your angle.

If you wanted to question what my actual point was, you would've pointed out the mosque mixup in response to my OP instead of doing it after I pointed out that you weren't attacking my actual argument.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Omar Mateen's Mosque victim of Arson - THE Bigzoman - 09-15-2016, 03:04 PM