Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Justices spar over the constitutionality of the death penalty
(07-08-2015, 01:18 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm barking up the wrong tree with this but i'll throw it out there anyway, even though it's not necessarily directed toward you. Pat referenced Roe v Wade, a decision made by the Federal Government regarding abortions, and JC just referenced the VoVA, another decision made by the Federal Government. I wonder how many people agree with R v W but disagree with the VoVA and i wonder if those people could be considered hypocrites? I get the difference between a personal decision vs a random act committed against an individual, but the crux of the matter is the distinction of what is considered viable. One one hand, a fetus is not viable while on the other hand, it is. Yet they're both decisions made by the Government. 

The reason i ask is because, if you're going to stand on one and disagree with another, it's seems you (generally) are just looking for instances that support your belief and you're not really concerned with getting to the true facts of the matter.

Regarding the bolded part of your post; in due time you, and they, do. 

So, once again, it comes down to time and not an eventual result.

I agree with RvW and agree with VoVA, but I've explained my position in being that it should not be the government's decision in the instance of abortion and has nothing to do with personhood for the fetus.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Justices spar over the constitutionality of the death penalty - Belsnickel - 07-08-2015, 07:48 AM