Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are we SURE that Antonio Brown is better than AJ Green?
(09-15-2016, 02:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This. Agree with much of what he's saying, but he's definitely overestimating how far those guys can throw it. 80 yards through the air is pretty much unheard of. Maybe 70-75 yards if an elite-armed QB gets a running start. I'd say Dalton's arm is above average but not elite. Ben's is a little better IMO, but not to the point where AB is greatly benefitted by having him over a guy like Dalton.

I'd say AB's numbers are more benefitted by that offensive system and how much they throw the ball, than he is by having a QB that can "supposedly" chuck it 90 yards left handed while blindfolded on his knees. I tell you one thing though, I've never seen Ben flick a 55 yard rope while running for his life like Dalton did against KC last year. Not saying Ben doesn't have the better arm, but some just seem to have selective memory when it comes to Dalton and his arm.

Yessir. 

Jamarcus Russell's longest throw on record was 82 yds in the air. He has/had one of the strongest arms ever.

EDIT: My mistake. After some more thought, it was Byron Leftwich that i remember seeing in one of those QB throwing competitions. So it was probably more like 72 yds.

I've seen a video of Russell, in high school, and it appears he throws the ball about 78 yards in the air.

Flacco and Cardale Jones both on video throwing it 74 yards.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we SURE that Antonio Brown is better than AJ Green? - rfaulk34 - 09-15-2016, 08:14 PM