Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are we SURE that Antonio Brown is better than AJ Green?
(09-15-2016, 09:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: When I googled "longest NFL throw ever" I saw a link to a deadspin podcast on the subject. Didn't listen to the podcast, so I'm not sure what the distance was, but apparently Vinny Testaverde threw it the longest. Apparently the podcast mentioned that somewhere around 80% of QBs can throw it 60-70 yards.

Couldn't find much else on the subject. Probably because very rarely is a QB going to need to air it out that far.

I have no idea what the longest pass is, but get what Rhinocero is saying.  If you throw the ball from the left hash mark to the right sideline, it is traveling much further than if you throw it to the left sideline.

Andy has great anticipation, is accurate, and has a very strong football mind.  Except on this board, I have never heard anyone claim he has a strong arm by NFL standards.  I would say it is average.  It is not an insult though because he is much "stronger" that most in the other areas. Look at a Drew Brees.  If you're smart and have good anticipation, you can be very successful with an average arm.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we SURE that Antonio Brown is better than AJ Green? - OrlandoBengal - 09-15-2016, 09:21 PM