Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are we SURE that Antonio Brown is better than AJ Green?
(09-15-2016, 09:21 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I have no idea what the longest pass is, but get what Rhinocero is saying.  If you throw the ball from the left hash mark to the right sideline, it is traveling much further than if you throw it to the left sideline.

Andy has great anticipation, is accurate, and has a very strong football mind.  Except on this board, I have never heard anyone claim he has a strong arm by NFL standards.  I would say it is average.  It is not an insult though because he is much "stronger" that most in the other areas. Look at a Drew Brees.  If you're smart and have good anticipation, you can be very successful with an average arm.

I can honestly say I haven't seen anyone on here claim that Dalton has a strong arm. Above average is the best compliment I've seen, even from brownshoe. Dalton's arm is strong enough for him to make almost any throw the offense would normally need and it's strong enough to consistently make him good on deep passes. That's all that matters really. 

Speaking of Brees, I wonder how often his arm strength is complained about on Saints' message boards? His arm is what it is. He gets the job done. Constantly bringing up his "average" arm just feels like complaining because there's nothing else left to complain about. Maybe that's not the motivation here, but that's how it comes off to me.

Dalton's arm isn't a cannon. Got it. It's not really something he can improve much, so what else is there to say? It's like wishing AJ Green had 4.27 speed. He doesn't, but he's still a fantastic WR with good enough speed.

If you want to say Dalton's arm is around average, I'll concede that it's around NFL average. Where I would disagree is when folks suggest that this has somehow hindered AJ Green or that Dalton only does well on deep passes because he has AJ Green. These are both things that have been suggested in this thread and others.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we SURE that Antonio Brown is better than AJ Green? - Shake n Blake - 09-15-2016, 09:33 PM