Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory
(07-08-2015, 09:12 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I've always thought the whole "X is asked to do too much" and "Y isn't asked to do much" is quite the bullshit excuse.

As I pointed out earlier, outside of some of the extremely pass heavy teams, most QBs in the league are going to be within a few passing attempts + rushing attempts per game away from each other. If you are a person that thinks a QB that averages 34 touches has an "elite workload" and a guy with 30 touches "isn't asked to do much for his team", then you may have serious mental issues.

There are soooooo many variables that dictate attempts that it's just a stupid statement to make that any QB in the NFL isn't asked to do much for their team. It's flat out dumb. There is no team in the league that runs the ball on almost every down, and there's no team in the league that is going to sign a QB just to keep the ball away from him when it's the most important position on the team. The ball goes into his hands on every play, and even the 75 rated Ponder averaged over 30 passing + rushing attempts when Adrian Peterson was busy rushing for 2,100 yards a couple of years ago. Now that the team has Hill/Bernard, a consensus top 10 and to most people a top 5 duo, are we going to bash Andy because of that? I highly doubt many of his biggest supporters will be on board for that.

The myth that any NFL QB isn't "asked to do much" needs to be put to rest. It's an absurd argument.

Look, I think you have a lot of valid points, but they are getting lost because you are slipping in some mean words in there. Even if it is frustrating, a good, fun discussion is what we should be having abut the Bengals and not belittling others, even if they fired shots first.

I took it as the guy was asking about attempts having an influence on Andy's play and trying to see if that might influence anything negative. Nothing dumb or showing anyone has mental issues about that. A few posts up, I broke down the SD game where he had a lot of attempts. Simple as that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory - PDub80 - 07-08-2015, 09:45 AM