Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Weekend Should I Go To Vegas?
(07-08-2015, 09:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not going week by week matchups, but I would say the earlier the better.  The lines are often WAY off, especially in college football.  I always liked to go with huge underdogs that retained a good number of starters from the previous season....even on the road.  As far as early NFL matchups go, the division games are often much closer than Vegas thinks they will be...say a game like Vikes and Packers:  Pack is clearly better, but Minnesota might have stayed fairly healthy through camp and early in the year so their lack of depth hasn't been exposed.  Pack might be an 8 point fav and it could be a FG game. 
Good thinking but I'm not really looking to go out to make a lot of money or anything......  I just want to have a good time.  

Plus, I'll have a lot of my presentations earlier in the year, so that could make it more difficult, not to mention that I'll want to go when the weather here is bad.
(07-08-2015, 10:06 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Lots of this. While everyone else I know vacations in the summer, I don't really see the point. I try to plan any warm weather trip when it's usually freezing temps up here. November - March is vacation season for me, and a lot of places have better pricing during those months too which is always a good thing.

If you're betting on football, ANY game becomes a good game.

Did you bet on the 58 point favorite FSU versus Southeastern Minnesota State Catholic School for the Blind? If you have money on that game, you better believe you're going to be biting your nails for them to cover that spread.

The best way to make "bad" football games enjoyable is to bet on them. I'd actually do the opposite of what you're planning, Brad. Think about it, Bengals/Steelers, Cowboys/Seahawks, OSU/Michigan, and all of those games mentioned in this thread are already going to be awesome games to watch in Vegas. Why not bet on the teams that you'd normally not have much interest in? That way, you get to watch any game that's on and it will be exciting.

Yeah.............  I just went to Vegas and, as it got closer and closer, I realized how stupid I was for doing it in the summer when the weather is great, which is why I want to go again during football season  ThumbsUp (brain injured people don't always think things through  Confused )

As far as the whole betting on 58 point favorites and teams I don't have much interest in, I just can't get into those games and they're not fun to watch because it's not pure football to me, which is still from my love of playing and watching football from before the wreck where I just love football coming out.

(07-08-2015, 10:14 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: [Image: howthefightstarted_zpse074609c.jpg]
Nah.............  notice how his first post was serious until he realized he hadn't made a controversial comment and one to make his name stand out?  It's because he's a troll with no credibility, but it's cute to watch  ThumbsUp
He's not even worth the energy, but I will say that I did include the Bengals in my reasonings for wanting to pick weeks and they'd be the games that I'd most like to bet on, making it relevant to Jungle Noise, so even his trolling attempt fails  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Weekend Should I Go To Vegas? - BFritz21 - 07-08-2015, 11:01 AM