Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are we SURE that Antonio Brown is better than AJ Green?
(09-16-2016, 08:15 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: Antonio Brown 2016-2014: 385 targets
AJ Green 2016-2014: 262 targets

I've noticed that you have conveniently left these out...

(09-16-2016, 08:24 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: If you average out the numbers by targets, they end up being nearly identical. 

(09-16-2016, 12:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is convenient, have to take the targets in account.

BTW, i do like AB's nickname of AJ, Inspector Gadget cause of his long arms and how he just snatches the ball out of the air.

Mohamed Sanu 2016-2014: 156 targets ... I am still not sure what people are trying to prove by bringing up targets. Just because Sanu got targeted less doesn't mean I need to give him an advantage over AJ Green when comparing stats.

Not sure what to tell you. Better WRs generally get more targets. Obviously not always, but generally so. Here...

NFL 2015 WR Target Leaders:
-Julio Jones
-Antonio Brown
-DeAndre Hopkins
-Demaryius Thomas
-Brandon Marshall

NFL 2014 WR Target Leaders:
-Demaryius Thomas
-Antonio Brown
-Julio Jones
-Jordy Nelson
-Andre Johnson

Other than the Andre Johnson inclusion (because he is a possible HoF who just fell off a cliff after leading the AFC in yardage the year before) what do all of those names have in common? They're some of the best WRs in the league.

Good WRs = Open WRs = Targets (far more often than not). Having more targets isn't something that you need to penalize a player for. That'd be like penalizing DeMarco Murray in 2014 because he had too many carries compared to the other RBs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we SURE that Antonio Brown is better than AJ Green? - TheLeonardLeap - 09-16-2016, 06:29 PM