Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are we SURE that Antonio Brown is better than AJ Green?
(09-16-2016, 10:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Something more relevant (IMO) would be looking at AB and AJs targets compared to team pass attempts. If you divide their targets by the team's total pass attempts, you'll know how often each receiver was targeted within each offense.

I think it's safe to say that AJ Green would get more targets in Pittsburgh than he does here, as Pittsburgh (without looking it up) probably passed around 100 more times than the Bengals did last year. That's 100 more "targets" to go around and it's safe to say that the majority of those would go to a #1 WR.

That's why I think overall target % would be telling. AJ is probably targeted at a similar % overall, but the Bengals pass less. I do know one thing though. AB didn't catch 136 passes simply because Ben has a strong arm.

No doubt. That's part of what i was getting at. The Bengals throw less and, as a percentage, throw less towards Green than Pitt throws toward Brown. 

Passing att last year 
Pitt - 590
Cin - 505

Targets
Brown - 195
Green - 132

Target percentage
Brown - 33%
Green - 26%

That's why i said if Green had been targeted an equal amount of times, with his production and Dalton's comp%, Green would be more productive in yards and TDs.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we SURE that Antonio Brown is better than AJ Green? - rfaulk34 - 09-16-2016, 10:33 PM