Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should she be charged with?
(07-08-2015, 12:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah charged with failure to maintain proper distance, but charging with the death for doing something that is an ordinary occurrence doesn't seem right.  Choosing to be on a vehicle that offers zero protection to ordinary accidents should be considered.

(07-08-2015, 12:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because a simple traffic violation does not meet the standard required to convict someone of vehicular homicide.

By definition almost every single accident of any kind can be avoided with more care.  But people are killed in accidents every day with no criminal charges.

There could still be some sort of civil case filed, but it takes more to convict a person of vehicular homicide than just being negligent.

Do those simple traffic violations usually kill somebody? I mean, this time it did, so we just pretend that doesn't change anything?

The fact that Americans decided to use the term "accident" so loosely has really fudged things up. Plain and simple, if you aren't paying attention to the road for ANY reason, it's no longer an accident.

There's a huge difference between a legitimate accident and what people are calling "car accidents". Whoever isn't paying attention for whatever reason SHOULD be charged appropriately. I'm not arguing whether this does or doesn't happen, I'm arguing whether it should or shouldn't happen. If you're operating a vehicle, pay ***** attention.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should she be charged with? - djs7685 - 07-08-2015, 12:36 PM