Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ann Patchett and cutting the cord even more
(09-18-2016, 11:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I lived without a TV for one yera in college.  It sucked.  I didn't watch much TV at all back then, but I really missed it when there was a game I wanted to see.

And this was in 1987 before peopleha dcomputers to watch.  Nothingcracks me up more than people who brag about not watching TV, yet watch TV shows on their computers.

Here is my take on it.  People who says "screns are bad" are stupid.  There is nothing wrong with watching TV or the internet.  It is a problem if you do it too much, but that is a problem with "you" not a problem with the source of the information.

I didn't hear Patchett saying screens are bad, although she may have. I just heard her say they are not her thing.

Agree w. you on the too much thing. An addiction to anything isn't a problem with the anything, it is a problem with the addict.

If I ditch my TV, I will not brag about it.

Think of it this way. Some people really like a desk top or a lap top to do "computer stuff." A lot of people see them as unnecessary and do all their "computer stuff" on a smart phone. Since I rarely watch TV, I wonder if I couldn't just get by watching the occasional movie or show on a lap top.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ann Patchett and cutting the cord even more - xxlt - 09-18-2016, 11:26 AM