Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I The Only One Worried About Our O-Line?
I think this offensive line is good. Great? Nope. But good. My issue is with center. Whit, Boling Zeitler have all been, for the most part, high level performers. Verdict is still out on Ced due to inexperience as well as Fisher. That's not to say they will not have their rough series or games (Zeitler really surprised me with the breakdowns/missed assignments last week) but I have confidence that they will follow such sub-par outings up with a strong answer.

Bodine, at least for me, has been the opposite. Below to far below average play throughout the better part of his career. It seems to be getting worse for him. I know the front they face in week one is one of the best, if not THE best, in the NFL this year but he looked to be not just outplayed but completely over-matched. The issue is that what I saw from Russell last week isn't an anomaly or some outlier one can just chalk up in the "Fluke" category. He needs to step up in every way possible because if your center cannot handle himself you are going to have major, major problems offensively.

We survived last year due to the unit being so strong in experience as well as excellent play-calling. Yet it was more than apparent last year that the center play was the weakest link. Looks like nothing has changed for 2016 (granted we are just one game into this thing). So to sum up, the overall line does not concern me, just the man in between the two guards. The issue needs to be addressed if such repeat performances are in store for Bodine, and if the past is any indication, they will be.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Am I The Only One Worried About Our O-Line? - JumboTron - 09-18-2016, 11:48 AM