Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
82 shot, 14 fatalities, over the 4th of July weekend
(07-08-2015, 01:03 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I never said they were. But considering how many people are killed and injured by cars every year, you'd think there'd be an "anti-car lobby" or something.

I think most people realize cars are a necessity for daily life within the USA and most of our country is designed around driving.  Plus, there are governmental and private/capitalistic interests in making cars safer.  When my ol' man was a kid cars didn't have seatbelts, when I was a kid it was just a lap belt.  I didn't have a car with airbags until I was in college and now the concept of a new car being manufactured without airbgags/seatbelts being legal is insane.

I don't know the details, but it's hard to compare guns and cars.  I've never heard anyone actually say "Why does the government make me take a test and get a license when anyone with a set of keys and access to a car can just drive illegally?"

And let's not forget there are some pretty powerful lobbyists railing against gun control, too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 82 shot, 14 fatalities, over the 4th of July weekend - Nately120 - 07-08-2015, 01:09 PM