Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory
(07-08-2015, 12:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So why do people keep comparing Dalton to Wilson?  Wilson is in a division that has been as good as the AFC North almost as long as Dalton has been around.  Why not compare Dalton to Andrew Luck?  There have been years when the AFC South has boasted the 2 worst teams in football.

The Titans had 2 whole wins last season, the Texans had 2 whole wins the season before, and the Jaguars somehow managed to stink MORE than those 2 teams since Luck showed up.  You can't act like the AFC North is the most torturous place to be a QB without giving props to our last QB (who played in the AFC North when the Steelers and Ravens were arguably better), or without using the same "hard division" excuse to absolve Wilson.

There, pick on Andrew Luck for having an easy division.  Same with Tom Brady.  The Dolphins, Bills, and Jets have been all kinds of stank lately.  Funny how those two elite QBs are so lucky to be in bad divisions.  Lucky, eh?

Because Russell Wilson has similar luls in play as AD, is short, and doesn't bring a cannon arm. He is also surrounded by a really talented team. Although, I just read a depressing article covering Wilson's contract talks on ESPN where part of it talked of how little talent Wilson has actually had on his team at WR. AD is surrounded by absolute monsters at WR & TE in comparison. More so than almost anyone else in the NFL. Point to the injuries at WR for AD and I will point to all of the UDFAs that Wilson has had to throw to.

While AD & Wilson are similar in physical talent, Russel comes alive at key moments and when he does he plays like a man possessed. AD has shrunk down. I sincerely hope that changes.

Luck is a completely different player as well and in totally different circumstances.

AD plays in what I consider the toughest division in the NFL since 2003. THAT is tough. But, I also believe that that fact, coupled with the talent around him, should have made him a better player. Iron sharpens iron, if you will.

There should be an * next to the Patriots titles. Not for the cheating, but for the weak division they get to stomp through on their way to a 1st round by and home field advantage for most of their playoff births.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory - PDub80 - 07-08-2015, 02:05 PM