Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory
(07-08-2015, 02:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Russell Wilson is definitely better than Dalton, although I think the Seahawks with Dalton would still be better than the Bengals with Wilson. Primarily because I just believe the Seahawks have better coaching in place. I do think Wilson is better than Dalton, but I'm not sure he'd win any playoff games here.

2. Dalton's 2 best seasons happen to be the seasons where he had the most attempts. So I don't think fewer attempts will equal better performance from Dalton.

3. I've never understood why some people act like Dalton has been terrible in regular season. He hasn't. Sure he ranked 25th in passer rating last year, but lets be honest. Losing AJ for parts of 5+ games as well as MLJ, Eifert and Gio surely hurt his numbers. Any QB's performance would suffer with so many key guys missing.

In the previous 2 years, Dalton ranked 13th and 15th in passer rating. Out of 40+ qualifying QB's, that's solid. Period. Not great or anything, and I'd love to find a better option, but for people to pretend that his performance was poor/weak/subpar is silly.

My biggest gripe with Dalton is that he needs to trim the INT's a bit and play better against the Ravens and Browns. Those 2 teams have pretty much owned him for 2-3 seasons.

I agree with a lot of this, with the exception of coaching still being a problem. I like where the coaches are at today. Doesn't mean it was worth it and they shouldn't have been fired after 2010, but reality is that they have been pretty good since then.

You're right on the Browns and Ravens for sure!

I think his problem is that he still has it in him to hit a low level of play. It isn't how high he can play that I think effects the Bengals. It is the low rut he can get into on any random week that seems to find him more often than not. He needs to progress past being capable of that level of screwing up.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory - PDub80 - 07-08-2015, 02:34 PM