No
91.30%
21 91.30%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Relate to "Confederate Flag"?
(07-08-2015, 05:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Cotton that was picked by slaves. While the North was developing industry, the South invested in slavery. 2/3 of the wealth of slave owners was tied to their slaves. They made their choice to double down on agriculture and slavery in the decades prior to the war while the North invested in manufacturing.

And while the South did not like protective tariffs that benefited the North, it was still not nearly as critical of an issue as maintaining the institution of slavery itself.

Oh I agree, and said as much.....but it still doesn't change the fact the Northern industrialists were getting their incompetent asses kicked by the Brits' mighty industrial base in the textile game.  The Northern factories had to rely on cheap cotton from the South.....it was cheap to England too, before the tariff.  

Look, I agree, the South was TOTALLY wrong, I just don't buy that "pie in the sky" shit the winners try to have us all believe either.  If the North could've profited from cotton picked by slaves without the tariff, they would've.  To me, the human rights issue was a ploy to garner public support against an unpopular war.  Let us not forget, they sure as shit weren't rushing to the aid of immigrants and children living five families deep to a one room flat in New York ghettos during the Industrial Revolution with workers' rights and child labor laws......or in Appalachia during the coal booms.  It took unions and bloodshed to do that.  Where was the precious Union government then? In the hip pockets of the Industrialists, that's where...... ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do You Relate to "Confederate Flag"? - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-08-2015, 05:52 PM