Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory
(07-08-2015, 01:56 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Convenient? I guess - If you call AD going back to back to back series with turnovers on a short field convenient. Ha!

Look,

The coaches don't play the game. AD does. But, lets look at your idea of the Bengals not running the ball....

Guess what happened the next 3 possessions after that? The 3 turnovers in a row by Dalton. 1 was the self inflicted fumble where nobody touched him on the Bengals own 25 yard line. The other were an INT on the Bengals 3, and the 3rd an INT on the 50 yard line. After all of that, the Chargers only managed another 6 points until the D gave up a long TD run in garbage time (about 3 min left in the game).

To blame the coaches for the SD game, or a bad game plan, or putting too much on AD does not add up to what happened or the order that it happened in.

Just going to hit up this point...I can go back and look also...The next 3 series...Down 14-10, 17-10 and 20-10 and still in the early 4th Q...13 plays...4 rushes by GIO...8 passes from Dalton and Dalton's run which was a scramble from pressure....Again not excusing Dalton.....But why not BJGE back in the game when he is averaging 5.5 per carry ( I do not care if he was/is washed up, he was not in that game)...Why 9 pass plays out of 13 when we are not down by 2 scores until the 3rd possesion? It is not real hard...The coaches (most likely Gruden) jumped off the ship with what was working or made no adjustments at half time...I am not excusing Dalton's performance when it happened...I am asking why was he put into that situation when we all know that is not his strong suit?  It is so obvious..we have been shutout in every second have of every payoff game sans the 2 field goals against Houston....That is a coaching issue....period....Again...SHUTOUT except for 2 FGs in one game for 4 straight years.....SIMPLE TO SEE
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory - spazz70 - 07-08-2015, 06:29 PM