Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory
You know I really don't know why you'all get caught up in all these numbers.

When it comes to the playoffs here are the numbers that stand out in the last 4 years:

These are totals for all 4 games combined.
Points in second half of all 4 games: 0
Highest offensive game output: 10 points
Lowest offensive output: 6 points (2nd Houston game - our offense made them look like the 85 Bears.)
Passing TDs: 1
INTs: 6
QB FUMs: 4
Other FUMs: 2 maybe 3, but I'm too lazy at the moment to see if there is a third one I forgot about
Total TOs: 12 maybe 13
Rushing TDs: 2
Defensive TDs: 1

Nobody and I mean nobody is going to win a playoff game by only scoring 10 points. Just doesn't happen.

Almost nobody is going win a playoff game by turning it over an average of 3 times. It can be done, but when you give the rock away like that your chances of winning are severely reduced. See 1st Houston game and SD game for examples of where turnovers just killed off any chance of winning and gave away any momentum the Bengals had.

Nobody and I mean nobody is going to win a playoff game by scoring exactly 0 points in the second half. Just simply not going to happen. If you aren't scoring, then you are giving the other team the ball back way too often and too quickly.

Playoff coaching has sucked the donkey dong. QB play in playoffs has also sucked the donkey dong. Running game has just been completely abandoned even with lead (see coaching comment at start of this paragraph). One passing TD in 4 games? Come on, any random NFL QB can do better than that.

Like it or not, Dalton hasn't proven he can be a good playoff QB as real game results have shown us.

Like it or not, Lewis hasn't proven he can coach in the playoffs as real game results have shown us.

Both of these two have a lot of suckingness lying at their feet come playoff time. Hue Jackson is overrated until he actually does something worthy of note. Same for Gunther. And, Mike Brown is the biggest donkey dong of them all, as he's presided over the longest playoff win drought in the NFL, in fact, the team hasn't won a playoff since he inherited the team.

Defending Dalton is a futile act that you'll lose every time. Defending Lewis' playoff coaching is like using your finger to plug a leaky dam. And, did I mention, Mike Brown sucks.

There's my rant about all this crap.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory - BengalChris - 07-08-2015, 07:07 PM