5 41.67%
Go an entire playoff game without a major mistake
33.33%
4 33.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Point wise are the Bengals good enough to go deep in the postseason?
(07-09-2015, 01:12 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I would say our offense is very talented and capable of scoring that many points with the exception of 1 position.

We haven't scored more than 10 points in any of the previous 4 playoff games so it's hard to predict a jump of averaging 30.

I hear ya. But if we want to win a SB, those are the numbers the team needs to be looking at.

Winning consistently against the best teams is a lot different than winning against the losers. But I don't think Mikey B can see that far. I'm on a beat up on Mikey bender today. Things are so much better for him now that he's not the complete laugh stock of all of professional sports and he seems quite comfortable with the way things are.

Even if a team could put up those numbers, on average, they wouldn't go to a SB each year, but they would actually be in the hunt like NE, GB, Denver, Seattle, Pittsburgh and Baltimore and Indy.

Losing in the wildcard round would warrant an overhaul where top teams are concerned. Denver loses in opening round and the head coach gets a pink slip. In San Fran they don't make the playoffs and the coach is sent back to the college ranks and the roster has been gutted. Teams from 2 of the last 3 SBs.

I'd love for the Bengals to get into that state of mind.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Point wise are the Bengals good enough to go deep in the postseason? - BengalChris - 07-09-2015, 01:30 AM