Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory
This is a fantastic way to help fill the time between now and when camp gets underway, but I think we're overthinking this way too much. At this point in his career we know what we've got with Andy Dalton. He's a middle of the pack QB at best with a confidence problem that seems to surface in big games.

We've had a Super Bowl caliber roster for a few seasons now. Even if we win a first round game, it's my opinion that Andy's consistency and confidence issues will never permit him to play well enough to get us into a Super Bowl much less win one. That's just too many tough games strung together. There's nothing on Andy's resume that would suggest otherwise, absolutely nothing. Everything up until now would suggest he's just not up to a deep playoff run. Of course there are exceptions and if we get good enough play from our defense for Andy to be our Trent Dilfer then I'll shower him with rose petals at the parade, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that one.

It wouldn't take much to upgrade the position, should they make it a priority. Of course Mike Brown is a patient man, and would have no problem waiting an ice age or two for Andy to pan out. I say the story is already written. We've seen the best of Andy Dalton, and there will be no chance of winning a Super Bowl as long as his bright red head is under center.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory - Utts - 07-09-2015, 01:40 AM