Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RNC chairman: Candidates that don't back Trump may not be able to run again.
Here's the thing about the pledge and why I called Ted Cruz a spineless loser for breaking his word on this issue.  They all signed it knowing who was running.  I don't care if they couldn't possibly foresee Trump's rise or his antics, they knew he was running.  Cruz flat out lied and said he decided he wasn't going to honor the pledge once Trump attacked his family.  Except Cruz didn't say a thing about backing out of the pledge when this happened.  Why, because he still hoped to win and he still wanted Trump to honor the pledge and bring his supporters under Cruz's tent.  This is why Cruz deserves nothing but contempt for his refusal to honor the pledge, no matter what you think of Trump.  He gave no real indication he wasn't going to honor it until the RNC.  Cruz is a spineless opportunist and the fact that anyone gives him kudos for lying, simply because they don't like Trump, quite honestly sickens me.

As for Priebus, I hope he follows through on this "threat".  Either you're a person of your word or you're not.  Either you obey the rules of the party you claim to be a member of or you find another party.  Cruz and Kasich want it both ways, they want the money, infrastructure and prestige of being part of the GOP while at the same time ignoring the party rules when it suits them.  It's called prevarication and it's a horrible quality to have.  Both men should be ashamed and castigated for their utter lack of honesty.  They sure as hell shouldn't be congratulated on it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RNC chairman: Candidates that don't back Trump may not be able to run again. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-19-2016, 04:03 PM