Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protests erupt in Charlotte after police kill man; 12 officers hurt
(09-21-2016, 12:01 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: How come police can't stop people who aren't an immediate threat without killing them? They should be trained and willing to do everything possible to avoid death. Tasers, beanbags and shooting someone in the leg ass opposed to killing them all seem like realistic options. Also they should actually be physically fit so there not intimidated by a big  man which results in fearful decision making. If they could defend themselves without weapons they wouldn't have to hide behind one at the first instance of fear. Killing someone for simply not following precise orders is more like living in an country ruled by order not freedom. Whether the person is messed up on drugs, (Most people are these days when opoids are handed out like candy. It's not just "low lives") or just simply deaf or hearing impaired more than likely you're gonna get shot (more then once.) or tar knocked out of you. Everyone has a right to a trial but it never gets to that point when you're 20 feet underground.

Officers take these jobs knowing there is danger involved but want to cry foul if they sense they might ever get a scratch on them. Am I going to take a job a roofer and then complain when I have to stand on a hot roof and my back aches? These people chose this profession if they can't handle it because they are physically unfit or mentally unstable they need to get out of the line of work. Nobody said it was an easy job.

Why can't we respect authority? Police officers have a tough job and if the people listened to their orders they wouldn't get shot.  Simple as that.  Are they wrong and do they make mistakes?  Absolutely, more than their fair share.  But I would be 99% of the shootings are due to citizens putting themselves in a situation where a shooting can occur

And police are not trained to shoot to injure... Never have been.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Protests erupt in Charlotte after police kill man; 12 officers hurt - Bengalbug - 09-21-2016, 12:06 PM