Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protests erupt in Charlotte after police kill man; 12 officers hurt
(09-21-2016, 12:06 PM).Bengalbug Wrote: Why can't we respect authority? Police officers have a tough job and if the people listened to their orders they wouldn't get shot.  Simple as that.  Are they wrong and do they make mistakes?  Absolutely, more than their fair share.  But I would be 99% of the shootings are due to citizens putting themselves in a situation where a shooting can occur

And police are not trained to shoot to injure... Never have been.

Because they're stoned, because they're drunk, because they are hearing impaired and didn't understand the orders, because their new medicine is making them mentally unstable, because their loved one just died and they're going to a mental state. There are lots of reasons why someone might not follow orders to a tee but that doesn't mean they don't deserve to live. You shouldn't have to walk on egg shells around the police because they're paranoid about you pulling out a weapon at a routine traffic stop. My driving instructor (who used to be a cop.) told me years and years ago if I got pulled over and didn't sit still until the cop got to my car I would be looking down the barrel of a gun. Which included doing something as simple as grabbing my paperwork. That's a huge escalation from a simple traffic stop and no honest citizen should be put in that situation which could have easily happened to anyone. Maybe that's just my area but that's what I was told.

Even if you weren't misunderstood and just stole something from the gas station and ran from the police does that really mean you deserve to die? That's a legitimate crime but we live in a country were we hope to rehabilitate people and make them contributing members of society. I really doubt all these people that died were just lost causes.

(09-21-2016, 12:10 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Define low income.. Are we talking about the single mom working 2 jobs scraping by that is showing her kids how important work is.

Or are we talking about the low income that never get off gov assistance due to laziness, etc?  

If we are talking about the latter... Well that group is the majority of the reason for why we have a lack of education in the inner city.  Why kids are not involved in sports, family, etc... But drugs & gangs.  Lack of respec, and woe is me attitudet.  

I don't pitty the latter group, but feel we should help the first

What does it matter? Just being anyone of those shouldn't change the way the police treat you. Especially since they would have to be presumptive and judgemental to determine that as we don't have our social status or economic class stamped on our forehead.

(09-21-2016, 12:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: "Shoot them in the leg" for real? Why not just shoot the gun out of their hand?

As to the rest: I'm sure each office has evaluation critera both physical and mental that LEO's must meet or excede. Because they are are not to the standard that you require is irrelivent.

How big is a pistol? How big is someones leg or any other body part that won't kill them but will stop them from moving? We live in the 21st century if they aren't trained well enough to shoot a specific target without killing them their are alternatives such as tasers or beanbags.

It's not a standard that I require as I haven't laid out a standard. It doesn't take a health expert though to notice a there are a lot of cops who don't look like they could chase anyone down on foot no less physically match members of society they might have to come face to face with. What options are you left with then? As most say It's a tough job so why not have tough requirements to boot?

Like being physically fit, mentally adequate so they can read situations more accurately before they shoot and trained to shoot a target in a specific area.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Protests erupt in Charlotte after police kill man; 12 officers hurt - CageTheBengal - 09-21-2016, 12:50 PM