Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pharaoh, Exodus, God, and the Meme that started an argument
(09-21-2016, 08:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, science has proven why people die when bitten by rattlesnakes.  However, you could have just observed the guy next to you dying from a bite, and chosen to keep your distance from the snake. 

I've read your postings for quite some time, I know that you are a very intelligent, educated man.  How will "progressing" to science, information and technology ever get rid of primal human natural instinct?  You know, those animal urges to rape, kill, take from the weaker, etc.?

Observation is a part of the scientific process. 

I'm not sure where you are going with this because I don't believe I've ever claimed science will replace or eliminate human nature. I don't believe any scientist has ever made that claim. Can it affect our morals? Sure it can. Our medical/scientific understanding of conception and death influences our ethics related to abortion and euthanasia. However, that knowledge will never replace our desire for sex as a species or prevent a single murder. Any more or less than religion. 

Like I told Philhos, I don't know if there is or isn't a god(s).  However, if there is a being capable of creating the universe and everything in it then I an certain that being is capable being more than the simpleton caricature depicted in the Bible whose plan for salvation involves human sacrifice which replaced the previous animal sacrifice model. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Pharaoh, Exodus, God, and the Meme that started an argument - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-21-2016, 09:17 PM