Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protests erupt in Charlotte after police kill man; 12 officers hurt
(09-22-2016, 09:21 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I was responding to someone who said that 99% of these are people not respecting cops. That's a good argument when we have guys charging cops, but it's a shitty argument when we're shooting guys sitting in their cars at traffic stops, standing with their arms raised against their car, and being tackled and tazed by two guys outside of a gas station.

I'm not even "anti-cop". I've only had one experience with an asshole cop, the rest have been great. I just think it's dumb to write it off as "well, they clearly just aren't respecting cops". I've argued for justifiable use of force before. I'm not some facebook social justice warrior crying foul when a kid with a gun aims it towards cops when they're chasing him because he robbed someone. 

I didn't say that actually, and if that is how you interpreted it, I'm sorry.

99% of these shootings include then"victim" putting themselves in the situation, not cooperating, or escalating the situation.

Let's take 100% of the shootings.

How many put themselves in the situation, how many pointed a weapon/gun at a cop, and how many didn't cooperate? Had these "victims" done any of those 3 we wouldn't be talking a bit shootons.

You need to put a little more responsibility on citizens.  We are grown ass adults making decisions in the real world.  Cops don't need to babysit our immature or irrational decisions.  

Again, police make mistakes and should be punished but I wouldn't want to be a cop
In this day and world.  Dead if you don't, damned if you do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Protests erupt in Charlotte after police kill man; 12 officers hurt - Bengalbug - 09-22-2016, 09:31 AM