Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Trump re-explanation of what he REALLY meant
And people love this guy because he says what he means!   Cool

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/09/22/trump-narrows-call-stop-and-frisk-policy-chicago/90826694/

Quote:Trump narrows call for stop-and-frisk policy to Chicago

Donald Trump attempted to clarify his call to reinstate “stop-and-frisk” police practices Thursday, saying he specifically wanted law enforcement to use the practice in Chicago.

"I think Chicago needs stop and frisk. Now people can criticize me for that or people can say whatever they want, but they asked me about Chicago and I think stop and frisk with good strong — you know — good, strong law and order. But you have to do something. It can't continue the way it's going," Trump said in an appearance on Fox & FriendsThursday.

Trump was asked to explain the pros and cons of the controversial police practice.

"You know, [the police are] proactive and if they see a person possibly with a gun or they think may have a gun, they will see the person and they'll look and they'll take the gun away," Trump said.

Trump’s call for the practice in Chicago is more specific than Wednesday night where, in a pre-taped an interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity, he appeared to call for national stop-and-frisk programs.

The controversial practice allows police to search people based on "specific and articulable facts." Critics say the practice can lead to racial profiling.
Trump also discussed the violent protests in Charlotte, N.C.  which began after an African American man was shot and killed by a police officer Tuesday. Protests have occurred for two straight nights and one person was in critical condition after being shot Wednesday night. There was also a fatal officer-shooting of an unarmed black man in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Friday.

"Wow, here we go again. It's very sad. When you look at what's going on it's very sad. It's very divided, our country, and it's getting worse. So, I'm not overly surprised to see it but it's happening everywhere," Trump said. "It just seems that there's a lack of spirit between the white and the black. I mean, it's a terrible thing that we're witnessing."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
Another Trump re-explanation of what he REALLY meant - GMDino - 09-22-2016, 10:57 AM