Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Line has been one of the best in the league in Pass Protection
(07-04-2015, 10:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: There is no doubt we have a very good offensive line.

I also know our QB is one of the best in the league getting rid of the football.

My only knock on the OL is I would like to see if they can hold up when the opposing team knows they have to pass the ball. My eye test says not as good the limited times they were forced to do it.

It comes down to the design of the offense. No offensive line is going to hold up (without help) against a 6 or 7 man rush. One guy can't block two.

The RB, FB (like we use one much) and TE all play a role in pass protection. A TE can be used to chip a DE on his way into a pattern. The RB can stay in and block, the FB can stay in a block. You can play an extra lineman.

It really all has to work together with the right line call from the Center and the QB needs to know what the line is going to do.

What really matters is that they do what the play calls for them to do. If Dalton is getting rid of the ball quickly, then that's part of the offensive design. In Seattle, that's not the design they use. They count on Wilson moving around in the pocket or rolling out to give his receivers more time to get open. Payton Manning likes the ball gone quickly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Offensive Line has been one of the best in the league in Pass Protection - BengalChris - 07-09-2015, 01:27 PM