Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pharaoh, Exodus, God, and the Meme that started an argument
(09-22-2016, 11:37 AM)PhilHos Wrote: why is it wrong to legislate beliefs based on religion, but it's not wrong to legislate beliefs based on non-religion? Like, I can understand why people would not want a law that says prayer is mandatory in school, but why is it then okay to make a law that says that genetic males are allowed to use a restroom designated for genetic females? I'm not trying to enter into a discussion about transgender laws, but my point is more on why people get upset at religious people pushing their agenda, but those same people don't get upset at non-religious people pushing THEIR agenda?

I'm not exactly sure what "non-religion" means to you, especially after your example, however, the first part is easy to answer. It's wrong to force others to adhere to a single religion. You're compelling people to worship and you're doing so in violation of the Constitution.

With regards to legislate based on non-religious, what do you mean? Based on science? Based on concepts of civil rights or equality? With the example you gave, the prayer law forces people to take an action and violates rights. The bathroom law doesn't force an action on anyone and doesn't violate any rights. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Pharaoh, Exodus, God, and the Meme that started an argument - BmorePat87 - 09-23-2016, 09:12 AM