Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article on a comedy site about Alt-right that isn't very funny...
(09-23-2016, 10:10 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Just something I've never understood, why have pride in something you played no part in? Seems like taking pride in something you had literally nothing to do with means you have very little to actually be proud of. I enjoy German culture and learning about my ancestry, but I don't have any pride in it. I don't call myself a German-American because hyphenated stuff like that is just a way to foster segregation and because I wasn't born in Germany and then naturalized. We're Americans, stop being obsessed with where your 4th great-grandfather came from or the color of your skin.

There is a reason the people that live in the countries that Americans like to take pride in their heritage being from roll their eyes and laugh at the foolishness. But since the Alt-Right adherents will just call them a particular word that had to be banned around here and make erroneous claims about what is going on in their countries and show their ignorance about their cultures, it doesn't really matter.

Would you say the same to a black person and hispanic for taking pride in something they played no part in?

You are preaching to the choir when you tell me not to be proud of my heritage, but find no voice in telling blacks not to take pride in theirs.

It isn't just the alt-right.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Article on a comedy site about Alt-right that isn't very funny... - Sovereign Nation - 09-23-2016, 10:31 AM