Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article on a comedy site about Alt-right that isn't very funny...
(09-23-2016, 10:31 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Would you say the same to a black person and hispanic for taking pride in something they played no part in?

Yes, and indeed I have. I don't tell people how stupid I think it is to have pride in being born somewhere, so those that actually emigrated I don't bother with, but I've said it a number of times to friends of mine of various ethnic backgrounds. An American that is descended from someone brought over on a slave ship 400 years ago would face the same reaction when trying to talk about African heritage (especially because African culture is not a thing) in Africa.

(09-23-2016, 10:31 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: You are preaching to the choir when you tell me not to be proud of my heritage, but find no voice in telling blacks not to take pride in theirs.

You're a funny one.

(09-23-2016, 10:31 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: It isn't just the alt-right.

No, the pride in heritage thing isn't just Alt-Right, and not everyone shares my opinion, like even Pat has no problem with it. I even find nationalism for the country you live in you be a bit disgusting, like the indoctrination that tends to go on in schools here in the US, not everyone is of the same opinion. But, my mention of the Alt-Right was more about them claiming heritage from countries and then calling the citizens of those countries that particular word and continuously misrepresenting their culture that they claim to have pride it and what not. That is pretty unique to the Alt-Right from my observations.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Article on a comedy site about Alt-right that isn't very funny... - Belsnickel - 09-23-2016, 11:00 AM