Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article on a comedy site about Alt-right that isn't very funny...
(09-23-2016, 12:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: This.

My mother is 100% Italian.  My great-grandparents literally came over on the boat and got married here.  But she is whiter (skin shade wise) that anyone I know.  So am I and my sister.

Her brother and his kids are all very dark skinned.

None of that has anything to do with what I like about my Italian heritage or any pride I derive from it.

Your skin color is a fluke of nature and DNA.

My Irish ancestors weren't considered White. My great-great grandfather's draft card says he is "ruddy". My Italian ancestors weren't considered White either. The descriptions, caricatures, and attacks against the Italians in the late 1800's and early 1900's mirror Mexicans and Latinos today. 

When this idea of a white identity was first perpetuated, it was limited to Northern and Western Europeans (those of Germanic origin). Slowly, it began to include other European ethnicities, like the Italians, Irish, Greek, etc as a way to justify junk science that said other groups were inferior and as a way to justify legal discrimination. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Article on a comedy site about Alt-right that isn't very funny... - BmorePat87 - 09-23-2016, 01:38 PM