Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pharaoh, Exodus, God, and the Meme that started an argument
(09-23-2016, 12:52 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: It doesn't matter the 'specific' religion.  That is the point.  

What is the logic behind these stances?

Logic is dictated by point of view. It's relative to experiences and vindictiveness.

To me drunk driving laws are illogical. I don't do it, I've been impacted little by it and it goes against my own sense of logic that a person should be responsible for their own actions up to the point they impede or injure someone else.

To MADD and many others, it's logical for everyone to be considered a hazard if they washed down their burger with a beer.

Basing your opinions on religious beliefs is hardly different than basing them on things your parents or coworkers say, things you've experienced in life or your interpretation of events. And it's entirely open to interpretation.

I believe in same sex marriage. I'm a Methodist. My belief that two people of the same sex can love each other and live together is based, in part, off my interpretation of the Bible. That's my logic behind it. Finding that answer in the Bible doesn't make it any less correct of a belief than someone who found that answer by being raised in a same sex household, by having parents who told them it was ok to believe that way, or by knowing perfectly happy and stable same sex families as an adult.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Pharaoh, Exodus, God, and the Meme that started an argument - Benton - 09-23-2016, 02:44 PM