Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pharaoh, Exodus, God, and the Meme that started an argument
(09-24-2016, 02:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Probably the same amount that were able to personally experience that they were, indeed, real. 

DISCLAIMER: The answer is obviously, zero. But it's not comparable since i've been confronted with all the above and am of the belief that only one is really real. 

(09-24-2016, 01:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I get how an eternal fate would cause some to act a certain way to "guarantee" they get the outcome they want. But in practicality, it makes little sense. With no tangible evidence that it will happen, who would continue to believe in something for years or decades? 

In my personal experience, and those that i know personally, it's the day to day experience that keeps the belief tangible. As i've stated on many occasions, simply reading something in a book, or hearing from someone else, isn't nearly enough for me to hang on to a belief for an extended period of time. 

"Intellectuals" like to read things, see verifiable recreatable evidence of things and come to a "logical" conclusion. That's never going to happen with Religion, so it's a waste of time to even debate that angle. 

If you can't hang onto your belief without tangible evidence, what is the difference between you and "intellectuals"?

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Pharaoh, Exodus, God, and the Meme that started an argument - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-25-2016, 01:13 AM