Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wil Hill Bust Out This Week?!
(09-25-2016, 12:05 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: What's funny is Marvin told Sirius during their Training Camp Tour that he is still adamant about the need to stick with the run game regardless of the outcome.  This is not verbatim, but he said, "you can't predict how many blows it will take to split a rock in two, but you have to keep hammering at it for it to happen.  Even if you can't see an impact, the repeated stress will take its toll and is necessary to achieve the goal of breaking it apart."

I suspect the scoreboard and game clock have had an impact in our lack of calling the run.

I live in Steeler country so I have to tell you that when Bettis retired and Pig Ben and Wallace were torching secondaries fans around here were calling for Arians' head because he refused to run Mendenhall up the gut for 3 yards 50 times per game.  Then again, the same people who yearn for a 3 yard run up the gut nearly piss their pants with glee when the QB hits a WR for a 40 yard gain.

You just can't please everyone.  I will say that right now (and last year) I see Hill not getting many yards and still fumbling but I also see Dalton flirting with top-tier playing, so I don't see the insistence to take the ball out of his hands an obscene number of times and force an anemic part of the team to lead the charge.  

Then again, I hope the Bengals' cheese slips off their proverbial cracker for one game and they just run Hill over and over and over and over and over again so we can finally figure out if this narrative makes sense.  I see Forte and Williams having 30+ carries and getting 100 yards and the win, so there you have it.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Wil Hill Bust Out This Week?! - BFritz21 - 09-22-2016, 09:12 AM
RE: Wil Hill Bust Out This Week?! - jason - 09-22-2016, 02:02 PM
RE: Wil Hill Bust Out This Week?! - kevin - 09-23-2016, 09:59 PM
RE: Wil Hill Bust Out This Week?! - Nately120 - 09-25-2016, 12:39 PM
RE: Wil Hill Bust Out This Week?! - jason - 09-25-2016, 01:25 PM
RE: Wil Hill Bust Out This Week?! - jason - 09-25-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: Wil Hill Bust Out This Week?! - treee - 09-26-2016, 04:43 AM
RE: Wil Hill Bust Out This Week?! - jason - 09-26-2016, 02:08 PM