Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Would Like to Talk (Civilly) About the Generalization of "White People"
(09-26-2016, 12:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.) I'm not sure if you actually read what was written or not, but I was specifically talking about how white people love to group all black people and Muslims together.

2.) And who even cares about slavery when there is still racism by white people today?  3.) The fact that slavery is over does not mean it is okay to be racists in other ways today.  I seriously doubt that black people would be complaining about slavery if they were not still being subject to racism.

1.) Do you commonly make a point of barging into conversations and completely change the subject?  This thread had a pretty specific talking point, one that took time to reiterate numerous times.  I'm not sure how I could have been more clear.  I even took an entire paragraph to explain that this was not about "white privilege", as I understood that grouping was entire different debate.

This is specifically about when people lump all white people together in terms of their involvement in slavery, the perceived need for white guilt, and the whole "sins of the father" mentality.

2.) Apparently the girl that motivated me to start this thread.  I'm sorry you don't like the subject matter.  I guess I would suggest starting your own thread, to discuss what it is you feel is appropriate conversation.  The woman in the video I watched screamed into a strangers face that her ancestors enslaved her ancestors.  I think it is wrong to presume that just because someone is "white".  If you disagree then please explain why.

3.) Where did anyone says that it was?  Who exactly are you have a conversation with?  Because it's certainly not me, or anyone else that has participated in this thread.  Nowhere did anyone say, or imply anything even remotely close to this.

"White people" are often accused of enslaving "black people".  There's a lot of different white people that make up this country.  The vast majority descend from families that not only had no involvement in it, they weren't even here yet.  Telling a Jewish person, or an Italian that they were ancestors enslaved people is just factually wrong.

The difference between an Irish person and an Italian person is akin to the difference between a Chinese person and a Korean person.  It would be odd to bring up the Ming dynasty or something and apply it to a Korean would it not? 

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Would Like to Talk (Civilly) About the Generalization of "White People" - Wes Mantooth - 09-26-2016, 01:29 PM