Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Would Like to Talk (Civilly) About the Generalization of "White People"
(09-26-2016, 01:29 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) Do you commonly make a point of barging into conversations and completely change the subject?  This thread had a pretty specific talking point, one that took time to reiterate numerous times.  I'm not sure how I could have been more clear.  I even took an entire paragraph to explain that this was not about "white privilege", as I understood that grouping was entire different debate.a Korean person.  It would be odd to bring up the Ming dynasty or something and apply it to a Korean would it not? 

I never changed the subject.  I was just pointing out that you really have no basis to pull your victim card and get all upset over "grouping" when all races do it about all other races.

But since apparently you don't really want to talk about grouping, but instead just talk about the blame for slavery I will try to give you the "different perspective" that you claimed you wanted to hear.  Slavery did not just benefit the white slave owners.  Agricultural exports were a huge part of the nations economy for a long period of time and he entire United States benefited from the economic advantages of slavery.  The profits from slavery built a nation that was exclusively controlled by white people for hundreds of years.  So basically all white people benefited from slavery.  It took almost 200 years for blacks to receive protection from the Civil Rights Act and the Voters Rights Act.  You perents were born into a country that still oppressed bvlack people.  That advantage does not just disappear in one generation.  So while slavery has been gone for a long time the inequality and lingering effects that it created have not

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Would Like to Talk (Civilly) About the Generalization of "White People" - fredtoast - 09-26-2016, 01:52 PM