Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Would Like to Talk (Civilly) About the Generalization of "White People"
(09-26-2016, 03:39 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It never ceases to amaze me.  No matter what you actually write, even when you spell it out specifically in advance to something you know is coming if you don't go out of your way to address it (this about this and not that...) it still gets twisted. 

What you are trying to do is take a large complicated issue and make a big deal out of a very small part of it.

It doesn't matter to most black people that only a very small percentage of white people are descendants from slave owners when the entire nation of white people benefited from slavery.  The argument is not just based on individual slave owners, but the fact that the development of the entire nation was tied to slave labor.

So if you want to claim a victory on one very small technical aspect of the issue you can.  But most people are more concerned about the big picture and the major issues that have to be resolved.  Sorry that I offended you so much by adding the proper context to your argument.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Would Like to Talk (Civilly) About the Generalization of "White People" - fredtoast - 09-26-2016, 03:55 PM