Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Would Like to Talk (Civilly) About the Generalization of "White People"
(09-26-2016, 03:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What you are trying to do is take a large complicated issue and make a big deal out of a very small part of it.

It doesn't matter to most black people that only a very small percentage of white people are descendants from slave owners when the entire nation of white people benefited from slavery.  The argument is not just based on individual slave owners, but the fact that the development of the entire nation was tied to slave labor.

So if you want to claim a victory on one very small technical aspect of the issue you can.  But most people are more concerned about the big picture and the major issues that have to be resolved.  Sorry that I offended you so much by adding the proper context to your argument.  

Its not about a victory. But based on the original post you are the one taking it out of context.  If you want to talk about the bigger picture, great.  But that wasn't the purpose here.

If I make a thread in jungle noise about the an aspect of the bengals (rushing offense for example) that doesnt mean I want to talk about the entire aspect of the bengals starting with Mike brown and ownership. 

No one is saying you are wrong, and no one has been necessarily been wrong here.  But I get where the OP was going and you completely tried your best to take the train off the tracks to best work with your opinion and agenda.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Would Like to Talk (Civilly) About the Generalization of "White People" - Bengalbug - 09-26-2016, 04:02 PM