Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals players upset with Coyle
(09-26-2016, 09:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Uhh, Wolf, as much as I respect your general opinion, I have to tell you that you are off the mark here.  The secondary has given up 9 TDs in 3 games. Ranking somewhere close to the bottom of the league.  We're not used to that around here..

You realize that more than just a secondary can give up TDs, right?

Adam Jones and Kirkpatrick both have only 1 TD scored against them. Have held Marshall, Decker, and AB in check.

Iloka gave up one passing TD to Grimble. But overall they've done well.

It's the coverage against tight ends and running backs that has hurt them the most. There's been 4 passing TDs to tight ends or running backs.

We're not used to the lack of defensive line play. 4 sacks all year with a healthy Dunlap and Atkins. Will Clarke leads the team with sacks.

The Bengals defense has been thrown at 107 times. But yet they are 4th best in lowest completion percentage allowed.

Now, not only is the defensive line struggling with pass coverage, we all have seen it's woes with the run game. Allowed 109 YPG. Even after only allowed 52 yards last game. But the Jets and Steelers both had over 125 rushing yards.

Also, when it comes to secondary, watch the Broncos game again. Adam Jones struggled, but there was a ton of dink and dunk plays against our LBs. It seems the defense likes to play off and have a very big bend but don't break approach.

Sure. Secondary had some trouble last game. But outside of the deep pass to Jones and seam route to Iloka, the secondary has done well.

However. Dennard has been struggling mightily this season, which comes as a big surprise. Shaw looks light years ahead of him.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals players upset with Coyle - wolfkaosaun - 09-26-2016, 10:42 PM
RE: Bengals players upset with Coyle - J24 - 09-27-2016, 12:07 AM