Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Would Like to Talk (Civilly) About the Generalization of "White People"
(09-27-2016, 03:12 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:
This country was founded in 1783, when it won it's independence. So we're talking like 80 years of US slavery. Don't try to slap an extra 120 years of British people on America's list of faults. We don't hate Alaska because they used to be owned by the Russian Empire.

You know who else was treated as a 2nd class citizen? Almost every other group of people who initially came to America.

The Irish were universally despised because they would do work for the cheapest wages, "stealing" jobs from everyone else.
The Chinese were basically used as slave labor on the West Coast to build the railroads.
Etc

They just worked hard to integrate, and eventually did. If people want to integrate, they can. I think that's also why there's so much clashing going on in Europe over the Muslims immigrating in. If there's no real desire to make it work, it never will.

I'm going to work right now but you're still incorrect regardless of who was in ruling power, slavery as an institution in this country had been around much longer than 80 yrs.  Trying to minimize its impact is ignorant and foolish

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Would Like to Talk (Civilly) About the Generalization of "White People" - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 09-27-2016, 11:48 AM