Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Would Like to Talk (Civilly) About the Generalization of "White People"
(09-26-2016, 03:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What you are trying to do is take a large complicated issue and make a big deal out of a very small part of it.

It doesn't matter to most black people that only a very small percentage of white people are descendants from slave owners when the entire nation of white people benefited from slavery.  The argument is not just based on individual slave owners, but the fact that the development of the entire nation was tied to slave labor.

So if you want to claim a victory on one very small technical aspect of the issue you can.  But most people are more concerned about the big picture and the major issues that have to be resolved.  Sorry that I offended you so much by adding the proper context to your argument.  

I'm just going to stop you right there.

Before Black and Native American Slaves, there was the Irish.
The Irish were owned by Whites, Free Blacks and Native Americans.
The Irish were super cheap compared to the Africans.

The whole slavery system was developed and perfected using Irish people by the time Native Americans and African's were added to it.

Now what that lady is talking about? Yes they've had it rough, but that is not every white person's fault to bear.
The opportunities are there now for black people, we have black billionaires, Dr's, CEO's, business owners, there is not a field that I can think of that there is not at least a few black people in it. So the opportunities are there that weren't there 30+ years ago.

With all of that said, it doesn't matter what country you are in, if you are in the Minority, you will face discrimination of some sort. We as a nation are trying to limit that, but it's a very long and difficult road and it's not nowhere as bad as many people make it out to be. What is needed now, is minorities need education and they need to be dedicated to it, else nothing will matter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Would Like to Talk (Civilly) About the Generalization of "White People" - Mike M (the other one) - 09-27-2016, 06:33 PM