Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Would Like to Talk (Civilly) About the Generalization of "White People"
(09-28-2016, 12:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's maddening to me that at the COLLEGIATE level, people who are technically adults are being babied to such a high degree. Guess what? The world is NOT going to give you trigger warnings. There will be very few safe spaces in the real world. Instead of coddling them, how about teaching them to handle things that upset them? You know, actually PREPARE them for the real world. What has happened to our universities? When did they stop TEACHING and started babysitting?

You know, I've always thought the same thing.  That they're in for a rude awakening.  But now I'm starting to wonder.  As lot of this agenda gets pushed more and more I'm somewhat afraid that the real world will start to cater to these idiots.  At some point some of these little babies are going to be in position of power.  I dread the day when the boomers move out of the workforce and these morons are 30 and up.  Things could get really scary really quick.

This type of thinking (triggers, safe spaces, micro-aggression) is like the plague.  It just keeps spreading.  I keep waiting for common sense to prevail but it just keeps getting worse.  And if you say something enough times there's a lot of stupid who will just take it as fact.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Would Like to Talk (Civilly) About the Generalization of "White People" - Wes Mantooth - 09-28-2016, 01:05 PM