Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals tied for most sacks allowed
(09-28-2016, 03:11 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right !

Right after the meltdown at end last season everybody (us, fans, even media a bit) started talking one of the most talented rosters in the league. Top tier DB's full of 1st round picks, upper level D-line, Top tier O-line, good RB's, top WR, good QB, and on and on.

Many, including peeps outside of Cincinnati and this board talk about how we've built a top of the line team. Then why is it save Andy and AJ saving our ass in the first game and Hill having some good runs in the last does this team look totally dysfunctional ?

The O-line sucks period besides Whit. The D-line has gotten next to no pressure. Our running game has sucked except for like 10 plays. We are still I'm sure near the bottom in time of possession. The D is getting flamed on the pass defense by rookies. We've already given up nearly as many 40+ plays as the entire previous season. You could go on and on.

I fully understand Burfict and Eifert. But are those two alone really gonna fix our O and D lines ? Are they really gonna get our defense on the same page by themselves. If we were really that talented how do two pieces being missing totally implode the team and all function ?

How does New England pull a QB out of the woodwork and soldier on ? How does Philly beat the crap outta Pittsburgh with a rookie QB and we look like the keystone cops - cue the Benny Hill Music.

There's no doubt players on the field determine the game. But in my mind it's plain and simple - coaching. This team is playing not to lose.

Period

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5sQL7q_IOI

He's been no better than the rest of them
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals tied for most sacks allowed - jfkbengals - 09-28-2016, 03:41 PM