Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals tied for most sacks allowed
(09-27-2016, 06:42 PM)milksheikh Wrote: So.... how do we fix this?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/sort/sacks

ETR........Establish The Run.

Certainly if you don't establish the run, defenses will be playing smear the nerd with your quarterback.  The best way to stop the pass is the quarterback on his back side.  The run keeps the bulls from putting their heads down and charging. ....We have Hill, Bernard and Burkhead and we must use them.  At years end I would like to see that we ran as often as we passed. That 50 / 50 blend should keep defenses from not being able to key on either the pass or the run. Plus that is what Super Bowl teams do. Winners run and pass. It is hard to defend. ......Also, Super Bowl teams with a 4th quarter lead often can run out the clock running the ball. I've seen the Bengals over the years lose to such teams. I've seen the Patriots or Steelers just run it up our rear ends in the 4th quarter in their best years, and it's frustrating when there is nothing you can do to stop it to get the ball back. I would love to Bengals have that time of run game or at least try to have it.......I like the focus Hill has after his fumble in play-offs and he really is determined to make up for it. Give him and Bernard the ball more. Hill has the ability to be a beast like Corey Dillon, or at least a Rudi or a Benson. I think Hill has more break away plays in him than those two. Hill is the power runner and Bernard is the slasher. Burkhead has up sides if needed. Use them.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals tied for most sacks allowed - kevin - 09-28-2016, 07:28 PM