Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Cincinnati Reds season thread
If it's true all good things must come to an end, then it is also true all bad things must come to an end. So the Reds season ends Sunday. Three of the worst seasons in Reds history with many players traded but still no signs we got anything for those trades except cutting the payroll.

This team has got by on the All-Star Game in 2015 and the Tony Perez statue day, Nasty Boys Day, 1975 Reds Day, 1976 Reds Day and Pete Rose Day....2017 will bring Pete Rose statue Day...Heck, maybe we can even have George Foster day over his 1977 season. ....and the Reds history is great.....I will tell Reds ownership and Fox Ohio that the only Reds game I watched was Opening Game this year. I went somewhere and watched the Pete Rose weekend, which by Sunday I was very tired of. I did not watch the games, just the pregame on TV while I ordered some onion rings and a large 7 Up all 3 days. ...I dumped Cable TV last January, a big reason being I knew the Reds would be bad again. I had stopped watching Fox Ohio Reds in 2015. ...So I suggest Reds put a better team on the field or more people besides me may discover they do not need Fox Ohio or large TV cable bills each month. ....Yes, I'm old enough to remember watching Reds on free TV. AS bad as the 1982 Reds were, they were on TV for free. Paying cable bills to watch these losers is a waste of money....I will say to MLB as a whole that going rabbit ear TV again, very few baseball games are put on CBS, ABC, NBC or FOX....I see now why baseball is no longer the great American pastime sport....What is on free TV is soccer, which I do not watch, but more kids are playing soccer than baseball and this may be a reason why. NFL Football on CBS, Fox, NBC, no wonder it is the top TV sport in USA way ahead of baseball. You can plug in a TV with rabbit ears and watch NFL Football for free. ....I hope Cubs win, but if all these play-off games also cable, I won't be watching. When the college basketball championship game was on cable, I said the heck with it. If the World Series is on cable, the heck with it. More and more people are refusing to pay thousands of dollars a year for those cable channels. I think like 8 tracks and VCRs, cable has had it's glory days. They have out priced themselves going from 50 a month to hundreds of dollars a month but new digital TVs are having people turn in their cable and dish boxes by the millions rejecting yet another cable Rocky Movie Marathon or that Christmas movie cable runs 24 hours in a row as nobody is in the station. Even the pay per view movies are pretty weak offerings, many of them very old movies. ....Digital antenna TV and the internet are changing the playing field on the garbage cable has been palming off at outrages prices. We can include Reds last place baseball in there with the 24 hour burning yule time log, not worth hundreds of dollars a month for.

So we will see what 2017 brings for the Reds. My hopes are not very high. This franchise has comfortably settled into last place. Even I could have told them Hoover was not going to cut it. I think they may try to dump aging Phillips. Bailey and Mesoraco very injured last few years. I'm not even going to try to spell the name right of the injured catcher, if I got it right, fine. I think Price is pretty bad. I don't see many upsides going in 2017. Pretty sure we can clinch last place early again.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 Cincinnati Reds season thread - kevin - 09-28-2016, 08:38 PM